7.20.2014

Please Welcome: Sam Kaye

I am excited to announce and introduce you to a new permanent makeup technician who will be primarily at our Beverly Hills office. Get to know her - she’s great!

About Sam Kaye

Sam Kaye was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. Always a lover of many mediums of art, she attended Brooklyn College and Fashion Institute of Technology as a Fine Art major. Sam's experience as both a Graphic Designer, Traditional Illustrator and Cosmetic Tattoo Artist paint the complete canvas she has built her life and career around... click here to read more

Interview with Sam Kaye

- When did you hear about permanent makeup for the very first time?

by: Sam Kaye

The first time I heard about permanent makeup was when my mom told me she was “getting eyebrows”.  I could only imagine what this meant until she told me all about it.  Between a thyroid condition that causes her hair to thin and fall out and very light hair that gave her nearly invisible brows, she’d been drawing them in for as long as I can remember.  Permanent makeup was a great solution for her.

- What drew you towards being a permanent makeup artist?

I am a formally trained artist and I specialize in portrait work.  The human face is what I know best, so it comes naturally to me.  Aside from this, I also paint, draw, storyboard and do graphic design so shape, perspective, color, shadow and light are all parts of these mediums.  When I discovered permanent makeup, I realized that it is the one form of art that encompasses all of these, while making people feel great and sometimes even changing their lives in a huge way.

- What inspires you & gets your creative juices flowing?
by: Sam Kaye

Faces, color, drawing, museums, textures, patterns, nature, everything!  I’m especially inspired by permanent makeup because no day is ever the same and our clients are so inspiring and warm.  One minute you can be doing something as simple as filling in someone’s eyebrows and the next, you may be restoring areolas from a mastectomy or reshaping lips from surgery or aging.  At the end of the day, making a difference in how someone sees himself or herself every day is really what fuels my creativity. 

- What is your all time favorite beauty product that you just can’t live without?

Well, since my brows are always perfect, I’ve always got natural eyeliner and my lips always have a splash of color, foundation has become my staple beauty product.  I became spoiled by a foundation called Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It goes on smooth, stays on all day, smells amazing and never causes irritation or breakouts.  It’s pricey, but you can use it sparingly because of the high quality.  A little goes a long way!



To see before and after pictures of Sam's work,




No comments:

Post a Comment