7.25.2014

Favorites Fridays: Trader Joe's Spanakopita

This is a strange favorites friday post... but it technically is one of my favorite things, so I think it counts, right? You may know, simply based on my name, that I am Greek. My parents were both wonderful cooks and always made the most delicious meals and Greek dishes. While it may be no surprise that I love Greek food, what may be surprising is that my Favorite Friday this week is Spanakopita from Trader Joe's!

My daughter and son-in-law love Trader Joe's. They introduced me to their amazing Spanakopita about a year ago, and they really weren't sure if I would like it because it wasn't homemade like what our family serves at holiday parties and gatherings my entire life. However, I tried it and absolutely loved it! The inside is filled with delicious spinach and feta, isn't super salty and the outside wasn't too "doughy". You really can't go wrong with this delicious appetizer.

Over the holidays my daughter and I bought a few boxes, took them out of the box, placed them on cookie sheets and brought them over to some of the family parties but didn't tell them we bought them at Trader Joe's until after they were all gone. Everyone thought they were homemade! If you can impress a Greek family with Trader Joe's Spanakopita, then it must be tasty! 


While it will never be your YiaYia's Spanakopita, I guess You CAN Fool Mother Nature... and REAL Greeks with Trader Joe's Spanakopita... haha



Athena Karsant was honored with Best of San Francisco & Best of Beverly Hills for 2013!
Athena also offers Complimentary Consultations. To learn more about Athena's work,
see before and after photos and read testimonials from both clients and doctors,
please visit her website FoolingMotherNature.com




No comments:

Post a Comment