8.13.2012

Shark Week - Jaws

In honor of Shark Week (insert famous Jaws theme song here) I thought I would do a blog about Universal Studios. "Why" you might ask? Because my family and I enjoy the Studio Tour Tram ride which features JAWS. Jaws has been "scaring" us on the tram for years and years. We have been going to Universal Studios since my daughter was a baby. We would take her for the afternoon to ride the tram, watch a few shows and head home. To this day, we have thoroughly enjoyed spending our afternoons at the park. This past week, we went twice for a few hours, rode the tram and the brand new Transformers Ride, had a nice dinner at City Walk and ventured home. (Check out LUSH at City Walk - they have amazing Bath Bombs, facial scrubs & lotion!) 

I remember when the movie JAWS came out (though I was just a little girl, lol). I was terrified of the water after that movie. I really didn't even want to take a bath.  Growing up in San Francisco, swimming at the beach wasn't a huge pastime. The waters were chilly and the weather was cloudy, but I did love going to the beach. I was always traveling to Mexico or Southern California where heading to the beach was apart of daily life! I must have steered clear of the beach for awhile after seeing the movie, because being eaten by JAWS was something I didn't want any part of. 
Here are some interesting shark facts:
- You are 1,000 times more likely to drown in the sea than you are to be bitten by a shark.
- Sharks can smell one drop of blood in a million drops of water.
- A shark can hear a fish in the water from more than a mile away.

Read more about sharks HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment